The best way to ensure you're not declined by Zip is to have enough funds in your account to pay your first instalment and the instalments which follow. You can view your orders and make early payments via the Customer Portal or by tapping Orders at the bottom of the Zip app.
Other reasons why Zip may decline your transaction include:
- You didn't make a purchase request before you attempted to pay
- You have not paid your due instalments - pay off any unpaid instalments and try again
- Your purchase request was less than your actual order amount. It must be at least equal to your total order amount, including delivery. Make another purchase request for a higher amount and trying again
- You don't have enough funds in your account to make the first instalment at the time of purchase. We charge 25% of your order upfront so make sure you have at least this amount available when you make your purchase request
- You attempted to shop at merchant blocked by Zip
- Automated fraud and security screening